EcoShe - Revolution
An initiative by S.H.E. society and PFFJ
“EcoShe - Revolution”
(In partnership with EcoFemme for Punjab)
is an initiative by Mrs. Jeevan Jyot Kaur, in partnership with EcoFemme.
Jeevan Jyot, who is the president of PFFJ and chairperson of S.H.E. society which is a 23 years old philanthropic organization, mobilizing resources for the underprivileged sector and providing succour to the needy.
“EcoShe - Revolution” by Jeevan Jyot is an all women's project of the women, by the women, for the women rising from the holy city of Amritsar, Punjab, Haryana, Bihar and eventually reaching women around the world. We are committed to offering menstrual health education that is responsive to the needs of diverse populations. We, at EcoShe promote and revitalize menstrual practices that are healthy, dignified, affordable and eco positive.
Our Mission: is to trigger a major shift in menstrual health management space resulting in a more clean and healthy environment.
Our Aim: a transformed world in which girls and women are:
- Equipped with knowledge, resource and skills to live in harmony with their bodies.
- Honoured and free from shame, complexes and oppression.
What do we do?
- Environment: We promote two types of reusable pads as an eco-friendly alternative to disposable products. There are healthy for us as well as our planet.
- Livelihood: Our cloth pads are produced by a women's group in India and ethically traded across the globe to provide a genuine income generation opportunity for women from underprivileged sector.
- Education: We work with schools, colleges, institutions and villages to deliver educational programs that foster a healthy, responsible and dignified menstrual experience for women throughout rural India in general, and underprivileged sector in particular.
EcoShe also aware about the harmful implication of using disposable menstrual products on our health the environment. The pads we use are 90% plastic; hence a major cause of genital cancer and a single pad takes 500 - 800 years to decompose. Do you know that one disposable pad is equal to 4 plastic bags? Convenience at what cost?
'A healthy alternative under project EcoShe' washable cloth pad and reusable pads.
Saafkins - The world's first and only permanent disinfectant in the form of a textile. Saafkins by livinguardTM has been tested and certified by laboratories across the world to make the world's first washable, reusable, bacteria/yeast killing, 85% biodegrables sanitary napkins. Hence they nontoxic for skin contact.
- Reusable Cloths pads by EcoFemme :
Why makes the switch?
Why makes the switch?
- No leakage/staining
- No obvious odour
- Long lasting absorbency